Wednesday, February 18, 2009

4. I like college football over NFL, but I like NBA over college basketball.

I don't know why, but I just like NCAA Football. Seems more fun and exciting to me. NFL doesn't really tickle my pickle and I don't really know that much about the NFL teams. I do watch the Superbowl though, mainly for the commercials, and I just root for the underdog. Poor Cardinals :[. Anyways, I don't really follow college basketball, NBA just seems more exciting. Maybe because of all the crazy players and the excitement of it all. I have to admit, I didn't like the Lakers at first, but I GUESS they have grown on me. Houston used to be my team because because I loveeee TMAC. But now, these are the teams I root for
NBA: Los Angeles Lakers
NCAA Football: USC Trojans



VALENTiNE'S DAYYYY
It was a nice Valentine's day indeed. The sun was shining, but it was a bit chilly. I semi-got ready and then went over to Jeff's house to finish. Our dinner reservation was at 4:30pm at the Ruth's Chris in Irvine, meaning we had to leave at 3:30pm at the latest in order to get there on time. SO WE DID and good thing we did. We did encounter a bit of traffic and when we got off the freeway, we got a little confused but got there just a little before 4:30. We pull into the parking lot and see all these nice cars so we decided to park Jeff's car in the corner where no one can see it. HAHAHA just kidding!!! There were some crappier cars that Jeff was making fun of and I felt bad for them. Anyways, it was our first time, but thanks to a friend of Jeff's that has been there before, we had a small idea of what to order. I don't have pictures of the main foods because Jeff wouldn't allow me to embarrass him. :(

We ordered the Porterhouse for Two which consists of about a two-inch piece of meat with the bone in the middle. The beef on the two sides of the bone were two different cuts but, don't ask me what they are. I'll just tell you they were delicious. THAT is served with a teaspoon of butter on a 500 degree plate. I'm guessing that is to keep your food hot, or cook your meat a little bit more. We ordered Medium, but it came a bit more pink than I expected but it was SOOO GOOD. With that we also got a side of their potatoes Mashed and the Creamed Spinach.

THEN WE ALSO HAD DESSERT. I always have room for dessert. Here it is!!! Delicious Creme Brulee with Berries and Mint Leaves. I meant to take a picture of it before, but then I got too anxious and took a few bites out of it before I remembered. Usually Creme Brulee is just a nice little pudding custard, but this was the best Creme Brulee I've ever had! The sugar on top was nicely browned and not burnt. Even though the berries seemed sour, I think if it came without them it would be a really plain dessert.

After dinner, we picked up little Shelley bean from her apartment and then headed back to LA. When we got back to his house we hurried to turn the TV on so we can watch the All-Star Dunk Contest.

Props to Dwight Howard because he had some pretty cool and crazy dunks. But my favorite dunk-er is Nate Robinson from the NY Knicks!! I remember watching him in the 2006 dunk contest and he was CRAZY. If you don't know who he is, he is about 5'7" or 5'8" in height and can jump SUPER high. He is "short" in comparison to everyone else in the NBA. People said that if Dwight Howard didn't let Nate use him in his dunk, then he wouldn't have won. BUT even if Dwight Howard agreed not to, Nate could have easily found someone just as tall and put a Superman cape aroudn him to signify D.Howard. All I'm saying is that HE DESERVED TO WIN!!

Here he is with his dunk in 2006:And here he is with his dunks this year in the final rounds v. Dwight Howard:



I like the little dance he does after. He also looks like he could be Dwight's son. haha :D Yay for Dwight being a good sport. And in the interview at the end Nate thanked Dwight for allowing him to use for his dunk. AWW! :]
I heart Nate Robinson
. hahaha :)

No comments:

Post a Comment