Wednesday, March 11, 2009

6. I wish I was really talented and had artistic ability, but I can't draw for beans.

I'm so jealous of those people who can draw or paint really well. I'm also jealous of people who have really nice handwriting, like neat, pretty teacher writing. People who are really good at doing things with pictures with Photo Shop and stuff, it seems so complicated I don't think that I could ever learn how to use Photo Shop. When I see other people's artwork I get SO jealous wishing that I could be so creative as to think of something like that. Even though the thought of museums seem kind of boring, sometimes when they have really interesting exhibits, I wish I could go to see the stuff that's displayed. Who wants to go to the Getty with me during spring break? :] NOW. I have a story to tell!!

Meet Onion.
My mom was in the OC area this one week meeting with a client, and so she dropped by with a few things that she thought I might need. Onion was one of them. He's just a plain white onion. Anyways, that week I ended up not even cooking anything, and so Onion just sat on my counter hanging out. Let me remind you, Onion just sat on my counter, with no water, soil, and not really any direct sunlight except for what creeps through our blinds. I didn't really pay a lot of attention to him until one day Shelley came over and started laughing at him. I was wondering why.. AND THEN..

this is Onion now:
HAHAHAH Shelley was laughing because she thought I shoved a Green Onion into Onion. It's also weird because it didn't have any water or anything, but it just grew on its own. If you feel it, inside the skin it's like there's space between the skin and Onion. Anyways, so I brought him home and my dad said it looked really funny too. But, he said we probably shouldn't eat it because it might be bad or poisonous. Like when potatoes start to grow the weird stuff on it, you aren't supposed to eat those either. The end.

By the way. I'M FINALLY 21 YEARS OLD. It was such a nice Saturday to turn 21. The sun was shining and it wasn't too hot nor too cold. I starte
d out the morning going to Panera Bread with my mom to have brunch because she's never been there before. After that I just went home and did a bunch of reading because of a final that was going to be earlier than finals week. Then that night I was supposed to go to dinner with my parents at Woodranch, but something came up and my mom got really busy, so we just went to this Thai restaurant and had dinner. Not as good as Woodranch's BBQ Tri Tip Salad, but still delicious! After this I went to hang out with Jeff and Ken and their friends which ended up in going to play mini golf. It was FREEZING and then finally when we were finished I went home. Here was the cake my mom got for me from Cathy's Bakery. YUMMM



Then that next day (Sunday) we had to change our clocks forward 1 hour. I went to see my Grandma before I went back to Irvine and I was sad to leave her. :[ I always get sad leaving her because she lives by herself but she was so sweet and walked me out all the way to my car even though her feet hurt. I got back to Irvine and waited for Shelley's call to take a birthday shot with her. It turned out to be an unproductive afternoon and FINALLY she called me to go over to her place to have a drink.

I went over and SURPRISE!!!! All these people were there!! and a little beer pong table was constructed with cups set up and readyyyy and cookies and cupcakes waiting for with along with a fridge full of yummy drinks!! People were so tricky and SO GO
OD at keeping this a secret and not revealing anything to me!!! I really was surprised and Shelley said I had to choose between taking 21 shots or taking 7 shots/drinks + 7 cookies + 7 cupcakes. Of course I chose the 777. Anyways, the night was filled with fun and laughs and drinking. We played some card games that I do not remember at all playing, but were super fun!!!! :] Anyways I went back to my apartment happy!

I didn't wake up feeling too great on Monday though.
I felt super lazy and I didn't want to do anything nor go to class at all. But I forced my lazy butt to go which was good because it was the last class before the final. Then I left class early to go to Dave & Busters for MORE fun and drinking at the bar and such. I'm dumb though and didn't renew my license earlier and so they didn't let me get any drinks even though my birthday was only TWO days before that. LAME. Anyways, we all still had a good time just playing games and such.

NOW IT'S TUESDAY. THE MOST ANTICIPATED DAY OF THE WEEK BECAUSE OF VOLLEYBALL. It was the Championship game CA v. VSA. Our little CA team struggled a bit during the regular games but we were happy to make it to the playoffs. We went from having a 2-3 record to being in the FINAL GAMEE!!!! We were so excited and stoked. This quarter's volleyball was co-ed reverse, which means: girl's net and guys cannot jump. There was even a facebook event for this game and SO many people showed up. It was crazy and nerve wrecking. Anyways to cut out all the rest of the details, we went to game THREe and WE WON 17-15. What a crazy game and thank you to everyone who came out to support and cheer us on to win over VSA. Since it was just an intramural game, we just won these towels. But they're still awesome :D
(Sorry again for the lack of skill in rotating the picture for you guys. But I think Duke likes the fact that they aren't rotated. So, unrotated they will remain!!)
And here is our happy team with the towels after the game!! :]

YESSS. It feels good to win with a team that really wanted it. Anyways, spring break is coming up soon!! My last final is on Tuesday, but I'll still be in Irvine. So, COME PLAY WITH MEEEE!!! :]

1 comment:

  1. omg. cathy's bakery is still around??!! WE HAVE TO GO. hahahahhaha

    ReplyDelete